McRae Park is located at 2051 Chemeketa Street NE and is a 2.5 acre park that was purchased in 1956. The park features picnic tables, play areas and an open field for recreation.
This 7-acre park offers many features including a multi-purpose court for a game of basketball or tennis or an enjoyable place to relax. The park is lighted and also features playground equipment, a horseshoe court, benches and picnic tables, and a summer splash fountain.In 1926, the City purchased 7 acres of land with over 350 conifer and deciduous trees located on the site in the center of a residential district abutting Englewood School.
Parrish Middle School
Parrish Middle School was built on “Parrish Grove”, land previously owned by pioneer Josiah L. Parrish. Reverend Parrish was a missionary who was a circuit riding preacher in the Willamette Valley and chaplain at the state prison. He died in 1895 and is buried in Jason Lee Cemetery. When Parrish Junior High School opened on September 29, 1924 there were 793 students in grades seven through nine. In 1979 the school became Parrish Middle School.